WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW
VIRTUAL REALITY EXPERIENCE POP-UP EVENT
Have you heard of virtual reality (VR)? Always wanted to try VR games but never got the chance? Are you looking for something new to do with friends? Don't have plans for weekends? Be sure to check out Vancouver's very first VR Experience Pop-Up Event.
"Virtual reality is an artificial world of images and sounds created by a computer that is affected by the actions of a person who is experiencing it." - merriam-webster
You will get to move around and explore some realistic environment and/or interactions within the room-scale play area.
Dates: October 20 ~ 22 (soft opening) & October 28 ~ November 6
Time: 11:00AM ~ 11:00PM
(reservations are highly recommended, last reservation at 9:30PM)
Location: The Westin Grand - Symphony room on the lobby level
(433 Robson St, Vancouver)
Parking: Street parking, hotel parking, and parking at Vancouver Public Library
THE VIRTUAL REALITY EXPERIENCE YOU WANT!
AS SEEN ON
VR CHOIcES AVAILABLE AT DWOR
There's still more to come! Stay tuned!
Plan A: $60 for 1 hour of 1 VR booth
Plan B: $90 for 1.5 hours of 1 VR booth
Plan C: $115 for 2 hours of 1 VR booth
Plan D: $30 for 1/2 hour of 1 VR booth
(great option for multiplayer games if you want a booth to yourself)
5% GST included.
Booth availability is limited. Book yours early!
TIPS FOR BOOKING
Bring your friends! Share the fun, share the costs.
1 VR booth is best for parties of 4 or less so you get more playtime. Remember, there is 1 machine per booth.
Parties of 5+ are required to book Plan C or you can book 2 booths for 1 hour, less wait time. Simply put in the # of quantity you need when you book.
Multiplayer games: it is best that you choose Plan A or D. Say if you have 3 people in the group, book 3 of the Plan A or Plan D. This way everyone gets a booth of your own and you can play multiplayer games at the same time together.
For parties of 12+, we recommend to book 3 VR booths for 1 hour or you can choose 1 booth with more hours.
- Please arrive 10~15 minutes early for orientation so we can get you briefed and ready to explore VR sooner.
- Upon arrival, you will be greeted and signed in by one of our friendly staff.
- Come take some photos in our photo booth and share them with your friends online.
- After signing in, one of our VR guides will show you how to properly put on the headset and use the controllers.
- Each VR booth has 1 HTC Vive, a standard 3mx3m play area, a TV, and comfortable chairs.
- Choose from our list of games, experiences, and simulations.
- Water will be provided. Food & drinks will be available for purchase, provided by the hotel.
- If you are trying VR for the first time, don't worry, we will make sure you get comfortable before leaving you to it.
- Prepare for lots of fun and laughters! Oh and maybe some sweats too.
- Headsets and controllers will be sanitized after each use. If you'd like, we also have disposable headset covers.
- Feel free to bring your own headphones, but we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use them.
- Bring your cameras! Recording reaction videos (of yourself and your buddies) for posterity is half the fun!
- Please avoid wearing thick makeup.
- Please avoid having a heavy meal before a VR session.
- If you have any medical conditions or are wearing any medical devices, please consult your doctor before partaking in any VR activities.
- Some activities might be unsuitable for small children due to height limitations.
What is DWOR?
DWOR is pronounced /dôr/ like door. We want DWOR to be like a door, a portal for users to enter another world. It comes from the idea of "Duo world" / "Digital world". Fun fact: dwor (dwór) in Polish also means manor house, which is the main residence of the lord of the manor.
Why should I come to DWOR's VR pop-up event?
The answer is simple. You get to explore and experience much more than what you can get from the short demos available out there. You can't really say you've experienced VR until you've tried what we have to offer! Our goal is to introduce VR gaming / experiences to more people and help the VR industry to grow and expand.
What VR console do you use?
After trying out most of the devices available out there, we decided to go with HTC Vive for now. We plan to add other VR platforms in the future so you can try them all in one place.
Do you have zombie games?
Yes we do! We have a scary version and a cute version. Come and check them out!
Are the zombie games scary?
It can be scary at first. Come and try the game to find out yourself.
I don't really play video games, is VR gaming for me?
Absolutely 100%! There is more to VR than just gaming. It is about the whole virtual reality experience. Our VR guides will take you through a short demo to prepare you for the fun.
Is DWOR / VR family friendly?
Absolutely 100%! The event is great for small groups, parties, and families.
How do I book a time slot for the VR booth?
Check out our availability and book a spot!
Can I play with my glasses?
Yes you can! Although contact lenses are recommended, you can easily wear the headset over your glasses to play.
Do I get to see what my friend is playing?
Yes! Each VR booth has a TV screen for you to see what your friend is doing in VR.
- Can we bring food & drinks?
Food & drinks are available for purchase. Unfortunately due to venue policy, no outside food & drinks allowed.
Since it's Halloween themed, do I need to dress up?
Nope, but you are most welcome to come dressed up!
- Refund policy?
Once you have booked a time, no refund will be given for situations such as, but not limited to, no shows, lateness, or cannot reschedule before the event ends.
I get motion sickness easily, is VR suitable for me?
Most of the games are really well made and for those who get motion sickness easily can play. And of course, we recommend you to take breaks, keep hydrated, and enjoy VR!
I have other questions but I don't see them here, how do I contact you?
Please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org